JOIN OUR CREATIVE COMMUNITY
TVM is not just ‘a market’, we are a collaborative, creative community of small businesses, designers, artists, creatives, foodies, musicians, culture seekers and lovers of good vibes.
Some of Australia's most successful and well known designers started out at markets, including Sass & Bide, Collette Dinnigan and Samantha Wills. The Village Markets aims to provide a platform for emerging designers and artists, talented musicians and photographers. Because of our online reach (85,000+ and growing!) and our market day environment, TVM stall holders are regularly approached by magazines, buyers, stockists and boutique owners - so if you're looking for a way to get your small business out there while also connecting with your customers in a personal and tangible form, then TVM is for you.
To read testimonials from some of our stallholders, click here.
The Village Markets Stall Categories
- Designer: Fashion and accessories;
- Jewellery: Quality unique handmade items;
- Vintage: Recycled fashion and collectables;
- Art & Photography: A range of media;
- Homewares: Reworked and new items;
- Food and Beverage: Currently accepting quality, healthy, fresh and ready to eat (no take home packaged items please) food and beverage vendors with GCCC Food Approval. Food stalls must supply a silent generator if power is required, and;
- Pop-Up Shops (limited spaces): Wholesale or imported items that are not designed by the stall holder.
Applications close two weeks prior to each market.
We encourage you to visit our event or view our Facebook page to get a feel for our markets unique style, prior to applying for a stall.
TVM Rack Sale
- The original Preloved and Vintage Rack Sale: Held on the first TVM of the month - Preloved, quality designer and vintage items only, one clothing rack (max 2.5m long) - BYO Rack.
The below categories are currently full (accepted applications may be added to our wait list):
- Juice & Smoothies
- Pop Up Shops (Limited)
Stall Fees (inclusive of GST, per event)
- $95 - 3x3m stall (includes public liability insurance) Burleigh Heads State School
- $40 - Rack Sale (one rack per per person)
Booking and payment is required nine days prior to the market.
What do TVM Stallholders Receive?
By becoming a stallholder at TVM, you are getting a whole lot more than just a stall on market day, it’s what sets us a part from any other market. Come and join us!
As a stallholder at TVM, you will receive:
- A TVM welcome pack, including a limited edition canvas TVM tote bag filled with promotional material to assist you in spreading the word about your attendance.
- Your brand name featured on our TVM website with an audience of 15,000 per month
- Exposure via TVM’s social channels, combined reach of 85,000+ and rising! TVM is always undertaking extensive PR and marketing activity.
- Access to TVM’s online portal for the latest insider stallholder news, market day tips, collaboration opportunities, events and updates.
- The opportunity to take up advertising via TVM’s online and social channels, at discounted rates.
- Your stall on market day and a warm welcome into the positive, collaborative TVM community!
What does The Village Markets look for?
Creative and uniquely designed products (in particular, fashion) by emerging designers. Original designs and concepts and the consideration of appropriateness and viability of the product with The Village Markets.
How to Apply
Each month, The Village Markets accepts applications for new stall holders. Applications must fit into one of the above categories and be completed in full, along with images, to be considered.
The Village Markets accepts applications via the online application form. This is the only method available to apply.
Acceptance to The Village Markets is via a competitive process.
The Village Markets favours high quality, professional images that may be used for our marketing and promotion.
Before you apply
Queensland State Government Product Standards and Bans
The Queensland Government, Office of Fair Trading, administers a range of national mandatory safety and information standards and bans for particular products supplied in the consumer marketplace, including weekend markets. Standards apply to children's toys, nightwear, cosmetics and care labelling on clothing and textiles.
Full details of these regulated consumer products can be viewed and downloaded from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) website at www.productsafety.gov.au.
Preparing your application
Please provide us with us much detail as possible and include quality photos of your products and a link to your website.
All products sold at The Village Markets must be approved, this is why it is important you must show and represent what you intend to sell at the markets.
The Village Markets operate rain or shine (unless deemed unsafe or grounds are damaged). Stall holders are required to provide suitable shelter for wet weather.
Public Liability Insurance
It's a good idea to secure your own PLI if doing TVM on a regular basis. Your cover must specify 'Market Stall / Trade Exhibitor' and be to the value of $10M. Otherwise you can pay an extra fee and receive cover for one event.
All food stalls require Public Liability Insurance.
All stall holders selling hot food, candles, second hand electrical goods and toys, beauty products, cosmetics, soaps, fragrances or essential oils that you have manufactured, imported, repackaged, relabelled or rebranded must have both product and public liability. A current PLI certificate specifying market stall/trade exhibitor cover must be included with your application.
Regulations and Bylaws
Please read The Village Markets Regulations prior to completing your application.