About The Village Markets®
Committed to our creative community and its success
Since 2008, The Village Markets has been committed to our creative community and its success.
Our business was created with the intention of providing a platform for creative small businesses to launch their brands, showcase their products, connect and collaborate in a positive, innovative and unique environment.
What do we do?
- We create boutique market pop-up events and digital market events, for creative small businesses to launch and retail their products,
- We provide helpful resources for and tell the stories of, small creative businesses,
- We are an award winning creative community helping small businesses grow,
- We are a global online platform to connect consumers with creative small businesses.
- Our COMMUNITY is the core of our business,
- We practice KINDNESS to all and to our planet,
- We support and CELEBRATE the success of creatives
- And strive to facilitate FREEDOM for small businesses.
Entrepreneurs and former marketing executives, Marissa Bowden and Sarah Schoeller, are the creative powerhouses behind The Village Markets brand.
Both women have a strong affiliation with culture and events on the Gold Coast and are seen as influential in this space, as well as being thought-leaders, innovators and storytellers.
Prior to launching The Village Markets in 2008, Marissa and Sarah were strategic marketing professionals, working with companies such as the AFL, Gold Coast SUNS, IMG, Mantra and Zarraffa’s Coffee.
As well as running an award-winning business trading in two Queensland locations and fostering an online community of over 120k, the devoted mothers have five children under nine between them.
As entrepreneurs, Marissa and Sarah have won a number of awards including Destination Gold Coast Content Awards - Industry Storyteller of the Year, Griffith Business School Outstanding Entrepreneurial Alumnus Award, the International Women’s Day Patrons Award, Gold Coast Young Entrepreneurs of the Year finalists and were finalists in Cosmopolitan Magazine’s national Women of the Year Awards.