It's a new year and that means new possibilities, time to start that business you've been dreaming about for years but have perhaps been holding back - name a better time to give life a big old nudge? You deserve this!
If you're looking to launch a business this year, we'd love to come along for the ride.
Subscribe to our newsletter so we can keep you up to date with new resources for likeminded small businesses, events, news and inspiration.
Then once you have everything ready to go, we would absolutely love you to apply for a market stall at our award winning boutique The Village Markets events and even join us online, via our Virtual Village. A Market Membership gives you both an online listing and market perks including stall fee discounts and much more!
We thought we would kick off the year with a few marketing tips for brand new startups, after-all TVM itself is a startup which was founded by two local gals who saw a gap in the market (pardon the pun) for a boutique fashion and lifestyle event on the Gold Coast....We also wanted to shop the products and brands we were looking for ourselves - after all, if you don't find what you're looking for, you create it yourself right?
Here's a little marketing checklist for new creative startups:
- Define your audience - Who are you designing your product/service for? Who is your tribe? Know your customer!
2. Content content content - Start simple and create your online presence. Keep your content regular.
3. Stay up to date with social trends and now that you know who your audience is - you know where to best find them!
4. Gather a database - an email address is one of the most effective ways to market, so capture them whenever you can!
5. Imagery - have a unique point of difference and stand out. Why not collaborate with other likeminded or local brands too?
6. Create a brand guide and stick to it!
7. A heart-fuelled business works best.